Sunday, July 4, 2010

More Birthday Fun

So, after our exhilarating jump, I really wanted to go again but by then it was lunch time so we headed over to Rice Village, ate at Le Madeleine and wandered around Half Price Books. The kids were troupers the whole day. I was so proud of them. At about nap time, Jack and Barbara herded the girls into our van, said goodbye and Chris and I had two days to ourselves for more celebration and downtime before going home to prepare for the trip to Virginia.
We did quite a few fun things--we spent some time hanging out talking and drinking very good beer at an Irish pub, we stopped by a Poor Clare monastery where they raise miniature ponies, we played mini golf, saw a movie and, the biggest surprise--Chris suggested we shop! Unbelievable. Not only that but he played personal shopper and found me a very cute t-shirt that says "Girl Mom" which doesn't mean that I'm girly as one person asked but that I am the mom of girls. I have been wearing it proudly. They have a "Boy Mom" version too for all of you boy moms out there!
The best part of our mini vacation was the B & B. It was very pretty, comfortable and we had it all to ourselves, even the private pool out back. The owner came over every morning to make us breakfast but otherwise we were on our own.
We met Jack and the girls at Texas A & M before we went home where we toured the George HW Bush Museum and Library. As it turns out, the library is not for tourists, only serious researchers which I suppose makes sense. Jack has been wanting to make this trip for about a year. I'm glad we finally did it because we learned a lot and had fun too.
Now, just a couple of days later, we're in Woodstock, VA. Life moves fast, no? I've already taken a lot of pictures of our happenings here and since I'm on vacation, I suppose I'll have more time to blog. We'll see. Tata for now.

Madeleine made this shirt in honor of my special day.
The back had a picture of Pac-Man in honor of my Ms. Pac-Man obsession and it said "Feliz cumpleaƱos" and "go Alice, it's you birthday"
I loved it.

One of the miniature ponies

Looking down the driveway from the front of the B & B
The trees were beautiful

The front of the B & B

The George Bushes


I really liked this quote and I think it applies well to parents. I'm going to put it up in our homeschool room to remind myself that I should be serving my children, not controlling them or making decisions for them that they could be making for themselves

We visited the White House

Ella the rapper--someone had dressed her in Grace's shorts
In this photo, she is standing near George and Barbara's cemetery

The grounds were beautiful


Taking Flight


So tired

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.