Friday, July 9, 2010

Runny People

The runners
(Tara, Mia, Brendan, Chris, Sophie, Ella, Madeleine, Ryan, Alice & Grace)

Our group was a little smaller this year because Jes and Dave left for St. Maarten on the 4th
(making it easier for Chris to snag 2nd in his age group!)

Here comes Mia finishing the mile

Go Grace Go! She took first place for the girls in the 100 yard dash.
And was very disappointed that her prize was not a trophy.
Maybe next time.

Brendan ran with Ella (who had to hold up her skirt).
When she ran past me, she was chugging along and looking a little perplexed by the whole thing. She's been asking to race again though so she must have enjoyed it!

This was the 13th year for the Liberty 5K. We think 2002 may have been our first year to run it and that a representative from the Kreitzer family has been there every year but one since then. The course is grueling but I love it. The first mile+ is on the road but after that, the course winds through the park, up three hills, past a lake and to the finish line. This year, Tara ran a personal best, Chris took second in his age group, Madeleine and Brendan ran the 5K (Madeleine and I got in a little mother-daughter bonding along the race course again this year minus the vomiting--Yay!), Mia ran the kids' mile and Ryan, Grace, Sophie and Ella ran the 100 yard dash with Grace taking first for the girls and beating most of the boys as well. As for me, I finished and ran the whole way which was my only goal given that I have not run much at all since January. I'm pretty sure I did it faster than the year I walked it seven months pregnant with Baby G. All in all, a great time. Which is why we keep coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.