Saturday, July 24, 2010

Lakes, Rivers and Streams


Mia, Grace, Madeleine

Well, I never thought I'd say this but I am officially water-logged. The girls and I have been swimming at Camp Kreitzer every day for weeks now and today, we spent the day at Lake Laura, a manmade lake about a half hour's drive from Woodstock. We picnicked, swam and boated. The girls loved it. Every one of them ran and jumped off the dock and the diving platforms countless times. I'm not a big fan of the paddle boat because of the work involved but we all enjoyed jumping off of it. I had to take my life preserver off to maneuver myself back on to the boat. I think a little more P90X is in order! Chris missed out on the paddle boat but had a lot of fun paddling the canoe. We head to NOVA tomorrow and will hopefully have a few days to dry off before our beach trip next weekend.



Ella was so brave. She jumped off the dock, the diving platform and the boat.

Mia, Ella, Chris


A few days ago, I took the girls down to the river for some wading and fun. A neighbor had told us we could use his property to access it and we took advantage of that. It was very calm and peaceful and reminded me of my days in Charlottesville swimming in places that looked just like it. Technically, we weren't there to swim but of course, we left with a few sopping wet girls which was just fine with me.



Note the crawfish at the top of the photo


Queen Anne's Lace
We love to pick it and dye it with food coloring.
Madeleine took this photo.

down country roads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.