Monday, July 12, 2010

Little Miss Fleet Feet

Something extra fun happened here at CK today. A package arrived addressed to Grace Doyle care of Camp Kreitzer. There was no return address or anything else to identify the sender. I was curious. I had no idea what it could be. Her birthday isn't until September and no one had mentioned sending anything. I waited impatiently for the end of VBS and as soon as the girls walked through the door, Grace and Mia went to work to open the package.
What a surprise when out of the box came her very own trophy! It is a winged foot, personalized to commemorate her first place performance in the 100 yard dash on the fourth of July. The giver? Her dear dad and running coach. It touched my heart that he'd thought to order the trophy she desired. Grace was thrilled and I was filled with gratitude that my kids have such a great daddy who's full of surprises that delight us. (I'm hard at work on a few things to show my appreciation... :)


1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is so sweet!! :) Loved this post. :) You have a great guy there!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.