Our condo is within walking distance to almost everything we need--the big exception being the grocery store. Today, Madeleine and I walked to several different places in honor of her birthday--more on that later--and late this afternoon, we all walked the short distance to a kind of nature preserve/wetlands with pretty walkways in every direction. We watched a beautiful sunset and saw many of God's creatures. I look forward to repeating that activity several more times while we're here. I'm sad my mom isn't here to share it. She would love it (and be able to tell me the names of all of the birds and things we saw).
All-in-all, South Padre is number one on my list of our Gulf beach get-aways. I hope the rest of the week confirms that rather hasty ruling.
I am having a wonderful time taking pictures here. So much scope for the photographic imagination...
A few of them:
These people were holding paddles standing on what looked like surf boards
first time in
Farkle Frenzy for four
Grace asked me to take her across to the sound side.
We found a parrot...
....and a hammock
Mia used to love water towers...
now, she's almost as tall as one :)
critter with a purpose
handsome critter bird and sky watching
Love this one...
New goal: to take one where the birds fill the whole frame.
One last glimpse
This may give you a good idea of the temp of the water in the pool.
I took the photo from our back porch. I suspect the hot tub will be very popular all visit.
Off to eat cake! See you back here next time for the next to last post of the year!


Wish I could take photos like that, but I'm not interested enough to take the time to learn. So I will muddle along with my delightful new camera that takes pictures that are good enough and fulfill Chesterton's statement that anything worth doing is worth doing badly. LOL!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLet's try again haha:
ReplyDeleteThe sunset images are beautiful, truly BEAUTIFUL. I miss the south beaches of TX. I look forward to going again (and taking D with me :)