Friday, December 9, 2011

Busted!

Well, today, for the first time since we began our Advent Angel Christmas tradition with Kingwood TEAM 8 a few years ago, we got busted.  And big time.  It was completely my fault but poor Madeleine and Mia were the bust--ees in the moment.  In an attempt to do something different and memorable for the family we drew, it occurred to me that we could drop something off at the parish school for their sweet son.  We wrote a poem, bought three dozen donuts and mini waters, an elf hat and a disposable camera.  I wrote a note to his teacher.  The girls were excited and I allowed Madeleine and Mia to make the drop at the office.  Unfortunately--as I should have known being that I was a teacher and know how schools work--there was a lot of confusion about what to do with the unexpected gift.  Apparently, there is a form to be filled out for bringing in food and the school nurse ended up flustered and bringing the surpris-ee into the office with his whole class to carry the gifts to the classroom.  He saw Madeleine and said, "Well, I guess I know who has us."  The girls were pretty inconsolable on the way home and I kicked myself for at least three hours for not reading the situation better.
The good news?  Not much.  I'm still bummed but here are a few pics of the bright side of the season:

 Sophie, ready to play the piano at HEB.  Big sis' Madeleine helped her get ready 
and shared her much-coveted lip gloss.

 The beginning of the cookie decorating

 Close-up of Mia's very cool headband, gift from St. Nick

Some advice:
Be patient and clever about your secret activities.  It's truly no fun to be busted!

1 comment:

  1. What are your settings for the picture of Sophie? I love how she pops. Is that the 50mm lens?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.