Choosing our tree this way reminds me of the book The Three Trees where each tree had a dream and each played an important part in Jesus' story. It may sound silly, but I know that the tree we pick each year is the luckiest tree on the lot. I would say our house is joy-filled in general but at Christmas time, it's doubled, maybe tripled. Any tree would want to be a part of that.
I think I enjoyed this year's outing more than most simply because it was a break in an especially busy period for us. I soaked in the stress-free time with the whole family. And I laughed harder than I have in awhile. It was fun. Disaster threatened when we had to choose between two trees and Sophie's got the thumbs down. She decided she was NOT coming home with us. I'm not sure what changed her mind but we managed to take a pretty cute family photo despite her disappointment.
Photo explosion starting HERE:
sisters fireside
the rope swing was a hit as always
gettin' by with a little help from her sis'
sleigh ride
I'm Three!
(Not for long...)
Budding photographer
Sophie's tree
Sophie when she realizes her tree isn't "the winner"
Dog pulling tree
I thought this was cool
recovering
Grace lends a hand
Mia called a quick time out from sawing to get a picture with her find
I think she may have picked last year's tree too
Daddy takes over and the tree comes tumbling down
Portraits
Maggie G
They wanted a room mate picture
Too cute
Madeleine Noel
Chris takes a turn
He has my vote for America's Top Model :)
Sophie's too
Tree Hugger
Ella wins for biggest grin
Giving him the Heisman
but in a good way
Sophie recovered enough to say, "Merry Christmas every one!"
How many more pictures like this will we take? The Odyssey is a very old friend (very....old)
See you back here next time!









Our tree is easy to pick. We go down in the basement and the muffled voice says, "Get me out of this box right now. What are you waiting for? The sooner you decorate me, the longer I get to stay up! Hurry up now...ho, ho, ho." Our artificial tree loves being at our house.
ReplyDeleteI am shaking my head in your general direction.
ReplyDelete