Wednesday, December 21, 2011

O Christmas Tree Again

Here are the promised photos to go with my last post.  I tried to whittle the list but alas I like them all and as I may have mentioned before, photos that don't make it onto the blog go into photo oblivion never to be seen again.  So, please bear with me as I deluge you once again....  :)

 lying in wait while Mommy hangs lights

 One of our traditions--every year, each of the girls gets a new ornament for her collection.  The idea is that they will take these with them when they have their own homes--and trees--some day.

 Ella opens first

On the back: God keeps His promises!

 Mia and Grace got "roommate" ornaments--Grace's has two frogs and Mia's two monkeys
Madeleine got a castle with her name on it to remind her of this year's trip to DW with her Aunt Tara and family and Sophie got a fairy costume ornament with her name and the year.

 I don't normally get Chris an ornament but this one found me....

On the box, I wrote "Teamwork in 2012" and 
"I guess I'm Buzz since I have a Spanish mode" (a little Toy Story 3 humor :)
He liked that.

 I also bought myself an ornament.  (It was a red-letter year!)
Did anyone else have this house?  I can't tell you how many hours I played with it growing up.  My parents still have it.  The ornament house actually opens like the real one and the doorbell works.  
Love it :)

 Spying spots
There are 800 lights on the tree.  A record and quite painful to the light hanger.

One of the Mophus' all-time favorite ornaments

 Ella's favorite branch of the year :)

 Angel problems

Better 
I posted this pic on facebook and my Aunt Laura wrote that the branches sticking out at the top make it look like an angel.  I like that.  An angel tree.  And an angel underneath!

 Here she is again.  Grace has spent a lot of time already lying on the floor looking at all the ornaments.
So dear.

 This little tree came out of the box on Sunday as well.  It is one of my favorite decorations.  The feathers are so fun.  It's pretty delicate though so I fear it will not be with us long.


Grace and Sophie set up the snowmen by themselves.  They were so proud.

 Grace wants to know--which one is NOT a snowman?  Hard to tell, no?

Sophie and Grace decided the snowmen should be holding hands and whispering.  
I wish we had two more.

Santa Claus is coming to town!  The countdown is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.