Given the chance to swim in natural settings like lakes, rivers, streams or oceans versus the pool, I would choose the latter 99 times out of 100. The feeling is so different. Cleaner perhaps. I did a lot of that kind of swimming in college in and around Charlottesville, VA and I love that I can now introduce the girls to that fun. It's my goal to discover more swimming holes at a convenient distance from my parents' house so we'll never be short on places to go adventuring.
First, a stop at Subway and a picnic
Wading precautions
And then, all in
Ella's all smiles watching...
.....her dare devil cousins
Matthew went first. He just walked over and jumped.
Alex, suspended
Drama Queen
Sophie was last to the party but was quite enthusiastic after getting started.
She needed help getting to the wall because the current was strong and she is a waif.
There she is again
Ella was content to swim around in the shallow end
The jolly jumpers with Ella and Paka
Not pictured: me and, unlike last year, I came prepared to do my share of swimming and jumping.
The video link below is of Matthew's Daring Adventure. Check it out.
See you here next time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsO7HfgttsU
Well, Grace said, "Ahhh, I wish I had gone with them." So, it looks cool. I see that Alex is keeping up his mean brother role there, and I don't think your dad thought it was so funny.
ReplyDeleteI'm SO JEALOUS!!
ReplyDeleteWe've been to that spot- great place to swim! We also like the Strasburg park, boat entrance. Go down Route 11 towards Strasburg from Woodstock, pass downtown Strasburg, turn right on Park Rd(lane? Drive?) and cross the tracks follow past (really nice) playground, and pool to the river access. If the water is deep- the current sometimes is a tiny bit strong, but I was there last week and it was pretty low, but we had a blast. :)
ReplyDelete