This morning, shortly after my one cup of not very sweet coffee (the powers that be at CK use real cream from the cow instead of the sugared up flavored creamers we buy), I received the following email message:
To Whom It May Concern,
Those of us at blogspot have noticed a recent decline in the number of posts to your blog "FrodoSeven". We are wondering if you are suffering from the well known disease called "slackeritis". We would like to encourage you to spend more time at your computer sharing photos and stories with your public. One of our representatives will be visiting you shortly to ensure that this happens. We're quite sure that you wouldn't want us to have to resort to drastic measures. We look forward to great things from you in the days to come.
Sincerely,
The staff of blog spot and the blog police
So, after considering several other possibly funny but probably not responses, I decided to dedicate this post to my fellow blog slacker, the one to whom I sent the very same message a couple of weeks ago.
Weekend, July 15-17
So Friday afternoon, the girls and I packed up again, left Dave and Jes' and drove to Dulles to pick up Chris. He'd been gone since the 5th, a long trip, and we were ready to have him back. After many hugs and kisses, we headed to Tara and Lawrence's for the weekend. It was a wonderful, jam-packed 48 hours. There were two trips to the pool, one involving a pot luck and free happy hour (free food is big with Tara). There was (another) swim meet. Fortunately, meets in the NVSL only last about 2 1/2 hours. And the weather was amazingly mild. At the end, I felt like I hadn't suffered nearly enough to be able to leave but I drove off with Tara to eat lunch and head to a hair appointment in preparation for our big night on the town.
Lawrence's birthday gift to Tara was tickets to see Wicked. She invited me and Chris and Dave and Jes to join them. We went along for the dinner and drinks afterward but skipped the play. That worked out well because we acted as chauffeurs for the other four. A great time was had by all as you can tell from the photos.
A big thank you to Tara for sharing your birthday with us!
Dave and Jes at The Village Bistro in Arlington
Me and Chris same place
I like this one a lot
me and T with very nice hair
Tara and Lawrence
Coincidently, Lawrence had his hair done pre-show as well
It was like prom all around
The whole gang
I would have liked to be in this one with Chris but wasn't sure I could coach a passerby to squat down, get the name of the restaurant in at the top etc. I may have to cut and paste us in.
Dropping off the kids
We told them to ignore the sign and "Be Good!" :)
We were planning on walking around DC and touring the monuments at night but I did not choose suitable foot wear for that activity so we went to Georgetown. This is the only photo of that part of the evening. About my shoes: Chris gave them to me for my birthday. I saw them at a store and took a picture that I showed him when I got home. I never expected him to buy them for me. They are the happiest shoes I've ever owned. In fact, they are called Sunshine which means when I wear them, I am literally walking on sunshine.
Two crazy kids whose ages could not possibly add up to 79!
And for those of you interested in a behind-the-scenes look at our evening, check out the video,
Goodbye for now and remember:
*a post a day keeps the blog police away. Ahem.
*love* the hair, and the shoes!
ReplyDelete