So, we've been gone over two weeks now and I'm at a familiar point in our trip when I've forgotten I even have a life anywhere else. The other day though, I heard a familiar christian song and felt a longing for the radio station that keeps me company day in and out in Kingwood. KSBJ plays no commercials, just positive christian music day and night. I really love it and have gradually gone from listening sometimes to listening all the time. It makes a big difference in my outlook and attitude. It keeps my mind on God. And, as Grace observed in front of the whole room at VBS this morning, "singing is praying two times". Because of KSBJ, we all know more of those kinds of prayers. I miss it.
Something big happened for us this week on the music front. A large, heavy package arrived at Camp Kreitzer addressed to me. It contained this:
It is a "Block Rocker" or, a large speaker with an ipod docking station. It puts out big sound unlike the small wimpy ones we have around the house at home. It also has two microphone jacks, one of which can be an instrument jack in case Dave Matthews happens to be in the neighborhood. It is on wheels and has a rechargeable battery that plays up to 18 hours meaning that we can roll it into the middle of nowhere for an impromptu concert. I have a new Love God playlist on my ipod ready to go. I made it to run to but I think it will work well for a praise and worship type dance party. We have a few girls who like to dance around here.
Way cool! Kevin is going to be jealous!
ReplyDelete