Thursday, July 7, 2011

Big Goal

I've been working on the last post in our series and will have that up soon.  Hopefully I'll get back to more light hearted fare after that.  My mom has asked me to write for her blog Les Femmes while she's on her cross country trip in the fall so I'll save my more serious musings for that.  I'm excited.
So, I left something very important out of my birthday post.  I made a big commitment that I must share lest I back out.  Between now and June 27, 2012 I plan to run my first--likely only--half marathon.  There I said it.  I am a bit scared.  The farthest I have run at once is 8 miles.  I feel motivated though and ready to finally tackle this goal.  Chris is busy trying to find me a good race.  Our ideas of good races may be slightly different.  He suggested an all female race in Kingwood in December.  I'm thinking of a Rock and Roll Half Marathon doubling as a romantic get away.  Or there's a night race in Las Vegas or the Shamrock half marathon in Va Beach that my little sis' is running next March.  I need to choose carefully as this may very well be my one and only one.  Have a suggestion?  Please leave a comment :)

1 comment:

  1. John and I are talking again about running a half marathon and my farthest run is also 8 miles. :) And while I have been working out at the gym 5 days a week, I haven't been doing much running since April/May so I'd have to start doing that- but too hot!! :) I may have to think about the Shamrock one...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.