A thankful Frodo Seven
So, because of the miscarriage and Chris' crazy travel schedule, we decided to spend Thanksgiving 2010 here at home. It was truly a first for me. I have never spent a smaller or quieter Thanksgiving. And it was wonderful. It was hands down the best time I've ever had cooking the feast. We all joined in and Chris kept the work light as we laughed through it all. There's no one I love more than the ones who gathered round our table this holiday and I felt so rich, so blessed, so thankful.
The sisters work together choppin' cel-er-y
Sophie helped with the green bean casserole
No cryin' here
Dressed for dinner
We all wore a funny hat or scarf except Mia who came as Marion the librarian
Parading the meat.
Chris tells me that at Marine Corps Mess Nights, they parade the beef around the room before eating it while singing some sort of patriotic song. I really want to see that in real life. We did our own version here at Casa Doyle and sang Yankee Doodle Dandy.
Feasting
Mia said she was most thankful for big sis' Madeleine
The pirates made an appearance
My helper with the apple pie
A good one of Grace but this was all of us after the meal.
Zzzzzzzz.....
Love these....looks like you guys had a great time. Happy Thanksgiving. Miss you. ~Jen
ReplyDeleteAs always, we missed you on a holiday. Looks like you had a great time. Love that your kids were all part of the cooking. Rachel did a lot this year and it was fun to have our 4 (with my grandma)generations in the kitchen getting ready for dinner. Give all those girls big hugs and kisses from us. We love you all.
ReplyDeleteI love the dress up idea. Judging from Chis' hat, you had wild turkey for dinner and he did the honors. Did he use an M-16? Next Thanksgiving I'm coming as Betsy Ross or maybe Martha Washington. I love those hoop skirts!
ReplyDeleteLove
Mom
My Ella likes to call it "Thank you Halloween" Love the hats :)
ReplyDelete