We've had a busy week. We are entertaining my niece Ashley, here from Austin. She and Madeleine are both home schooling and are in their freshman year of high school. They've had a fun week of commiserating and studying and tonight, the three of us even snuck away to Starbucks to work on analyzing a short story. I really enjoyed sharing my love of literature with them. They aren't thrilled with the writing assignments I gave them but I think they enjoyed the big kid coffee shop time.
We also visited the zoo today. It's been over a year since our last visit and the kids enjoyed themselves tremendously. We played "Zoo Bingo" and had ice cream treats at home to celebrate everyone's completed cards. The only thing missing from the day--Daddy. He got a big hug when we finally arrived back at Casa Doyle.
Ashley's camera shy so you won't find her in the following photos but she was there and had fun completing a photo scavenger hunt with Madeleine. One of the things they put on their list was an animal that reminded them of me. They chose a grizzly bear because I fight to protect my babies. I like that. And speaking of my babies....
For the most part, I think bats are creepy.
They look fairly harmless and cute here though.
In the background, the cheetah Grace swears she could outrun.
There are two baby elephants at the zoo.
One is two months and one, six months. So cute.
Sophie spent about half an hour brushing this goat.
Grace was very glad to find this coral. It gave her "Bingo".
Sophie, listening to the jellyfish.
OK that's all for now. Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.