Brendan and Lawrence circa 2001
So, I called to wish my oldest nephew and godson a very happy birthday today. Eleven years ago, I received an urgent note during my fifth period class telling me that my sister was in labor. I rushed out of Robinson Secondary and over to Fairfax Hospital to find Tara just about to deliver. So I did what any good labor coach would do. I ran downstairs to the gift shop, bought a disposable camera and captured the very first photos of cute little Brendan.
Brendan is very special to me. I was there when Tara found out that he was a Brendan and not a Brend-a and he is the only baby besides my own whose birth I witnessed. He also has a unique relationship with my dad. There are few people I love more than my dad. I owe him so much and I guess you could say Brendan and I have that in common. Brendan is handsome and talented and kind. He is so good with the little kids that I would hire him to babysit over a girl anytime. I am definitely a proud godmama and I take complete credit for him :) Our gift to him this year was a plane ticket to visit us in the Lone Star State. I'm thinking we'll get him some good boots and go cow tipping...or dancing...or maybe to a rodeo.
We love you Mr. B!! You are número uno with us!!

Aww, that's really nice. I'll make sure to show Brendan this tomorrow. On another note, I can't believe how much Sean looks like Brendan. I showed Sean the picture and he wouldn't believe me that it wasn't a picture of him.
ReplyDelete