Friday, November 19, 2010

The Arts

 Mia and Grace have been attending art classes for several months now.  They count down the days until their class, love their teacher (and have made her more cards than any one person needs) and spend a lot of their free time working on extra drawings and other projects.  They have learned a lot and made great improvements and I love that their masterpieces are decorating our home.
Another area that we have seen great improvement is piano.  Madeleine has been taking for five years now and is playing things that I love.  She was recently working on Princess Leia's theme song and I asked her to play it over and over.  (I finally bought it on itunes so as not to wear Madeleine out.  The live version is much better though.)  Mia and Grace are working on Christmas carols and all of the girls will be playing at Randalls in December.  We found out from some friends that there will be a tip basket there so now the girls are extra motivated!  Sophie has been asking for lessons for awhile and Mia has been giving her little instructions here and there but piano lessons will probably be one of her birthday gifts this year.  I'm trying to figure out when I can squeeze in lessons myself!

 Grace's latest masterpiece
"The Happy Dolphin"
(I think those yellow things at the top are happy fish)

Because of craft time at the library, we've also been doing a lot of crafts this year.  The wreath is Ella's creation from a few weeks ago and the pumpkin garland was something we did here for Halloween inspired by my friend Annie's.

This week's craft was really cute and I now have four turkey baskets--what to do with them all?
We'll fill one with the slips of paper for the things we're thankful for, a Thanksgiving tradition.  One of the girls suggested putting candles in them.  Hmmm.....no.

We're looking forward to a fun weekend with my brother and family.
Hope yours is great!

2 comments:

  1. I'm very impressed with Grace's artwork. I think they must have a great teacher. That looks exactly like a dolphin. I'm sure I couldn't do that without some help. Tell her I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their art is wonderful. I love how Grace mixes colors and fills the paper. My husband was an elementary art teacher at the same school that I taught in Virginia for several years so I've seen lots of art. She is very gifted!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.