Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So Neighborly

So--lest I got any animal rights activists among you riled up with my last post, I should mention that I have never actually been cow-tipping.  And I don't know anyone who has been cow-tipping.  I do find the idea of it funny.  I mean really, who was ever bored enough to come up with that pastime?
Come to think of it, the idea that anyone even has time to be bored is rather novel to me.  The last time I experienced that particular feeling was probably the early 80s.  I think I may center my New Year's resolution around taking enough time to do nothing to actually feel bored.  At this time of year of course, that is impossible.  Busy busy busy.  We've already gotten a Christmas card.  Someone is definitely on the ball. I am just happy to have the Advent wreath up and going.
We received our first gift from our Advent Angels on Sunday.  It had several parts but my favorite was the CD of traditional carols by the Daughters of St. Paul.  This is the second year we are doing this with the families in our TEAMS group.  It's a lot of fun and gets the girls involved and interested in something that is primarily an activity for couples.
The photos below are from tonight's celebration of our neighbor's twelfth birthday.  We went over for cake and fun.  As you can tell from the pictures, our families are fast friends.  We couldn't ask for better neighbors.

 Birthday boy Bobby holds up 12 :)

We are Family 

We are neighborly

I thought this was cute.  It's a countdown to Christmas and each glove has a paper with a Christmas-related activity on it to do that day.  So fun.

My next post will be from the chilly north as I travel to Seattle to meet Chris for a much-anticipated long weekend away.  Please pray for safe travels and a good set list for the Dave Matthews/ Tim Reynolds show we'll be attending on Monday!

Take good care till next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.