For those who think business traveling is like a miniature solo vacation, here's a quick run down of my day. Actually, it's a run down of all the days this week, in no particular order, because they were all the same.
6:00am Wake
7:00am Breakfast (actually quite nice - full buffet, USA Today Newspaper)
7:55am Walk to work
8:00am Arrive at office
8:01am Begin working
12:00pm Break for lunch (cafeteria in Shell office)
12:45pm Walk around duck pond in middle of office campus (my 2nd favorite part of the day)
1:00pm Return to work
7:00pm Stop working for the day
7:30pm Run/workout (my favorite part of the day)
9:00pm Dinner
10:00pm Email, tie-up loose ends, phone home (they're 7 hours behind -- and oops, that's my favorite part of the day!)
11:30pm Turn-in
Well, don't feel too sorry for me. I work with some great people and we have a few laughs. And did I mention those runs?
I miss you, A.
The cave where we've been huddled-up all week.
Pretty sure that's a fire hazard.
Chicken fight.
Oh, you know you love all that male bonding stuff, Chris and a break from tripping over nail polish, hair bows, dress up clothes, etc.
ReplyDeleteBut I know you'll enjoy being back home. Now what will you bring the girls? Dutch chocolates is my recommendation!
Your first photo is great. Interesting juxtaposition of the elements of your day. I'll be handing you the camera more often after this. The chicken photo absolutely made my day. And it made me miss you more. If that is possible.
ReplyDeleteChad tells me the same thing. He has been to many beautiful interesting places and not been able to enjoy them. He says its not fun when he has no one to enjoy them with. He once went to Pisa, Italy and never saw the Leaning Tower...how crazy is that!!
ReplyDeleteTake care and safe travels.