Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Miller Again

Four Doyle Dames
I love this photo, crane and all

Today was a perfectly gorgeous day--blue skies, fluffy clouds and a balmy 91+ degrees (that part wasn't so beautiful). My four younger students and I spent a good part of the day downtown at the Miller Theatre. We saw a dance revue put on by the Metropolitan Dance Co. I was sorry that Madeleine had to miss the trip for her Geometry lesson because she would have loved it. The dancers were all in their early twenties and I kept thinking that Madeleine would enjoy being a part of it all. She's a terrific dancer. I am always in awe watching her, wishing the dance fairy had given me some of those moves :)
The show was a journey from the twenties to the present in both music and dance and the theatre was packed with school kids which meant we had to find seats toward the back. That's unusual but it was fine for this show because we were able to see the whole stage and get the full effect.
Afterward, we had a picnic lunch and worked on a bit of schoolwork. The girls enjoyed running up and down the hill and rolling around and I played around with the camera and got some good photos.

Good posture

Sophie tries

Ella wonders what Grace is doing

I took a series of photos of Ella and Sophie running up and down the hill
They remind me of the intro to Little House on the Prairie--except of course for
the crane and high rise

I really like this one
Sophie ran the hill so many times that she was beet red
when we got back to the van.

And one last one:

Mia's latest work of art
When I asked her the title, she told me "Spotty". I encouraged her to think of a longer title that orients the viewer a bit better. Together, we arrived at "Spotty Watches"--more positive than other possibilities like "Spotty Chained" or "Behind Bars". According to Mia, he is behind a window watching squirrels but it looks more like a chain link fence to me.
In any case, "Spotty Watches" may be my favorite so far. I especially like the bottom--they look like rainbow colored piano keys, perfectly fitting for Mia's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.