I have to admit that I don't understand. Is it complacency? A feeling that it's someone else's problem? An unwillingness to really take a stand? If we are to believe the polls, most people think that abortion is wrong and yet Planned Parenthood still manages to keep its doors open and, here in Houston, expand its facilities.
To me, the Life Chain is an easy event. It's not only about holding signs and changing hearts. It's also about standing together with other people who are willing to take the boos and insults for the sake of the millions of babies who have died. It meant a lot to me to stand beside our neighbor David and our neighbors and friends from two houses down. Both of my in-laws were there with us as well. Barbara and I sang a few songs with the girls, an experience I think I'll always remember.
So, even as I felt a little depressed that our chain was so small, I was proud to be there with our daughters. They are our future and I hope that we're raising them to be wise and courageous enough to speak up and to act when they should.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.