Tuesday, October 5, 2010

From the Land of Wooden Shoes

by CED

Tuesday, Oct 6
Rijswijk, NL


My alarm went off at 6am and I looked outside and it was dark and the streetlights revealed a thin layer of fog. Very few people passing by.


I shaved. I showered in a bathroom with glass walls. I inquired about a paper but there were none.


I put on a dark blue suit and dark blue socks and a blue-ish tie over a light blue shirt.


I ordered eggs, over medium, with red onion and cheese. Toast. A single slice of bacon. Cereal. A bowl of fruit. One pancake. Two glasses of mixed fruit juice: apple with orange.


I walked across the street still sleepy with fog and into the nice office building that was quiet as people busied themselves finding coffee and arranging items on desks and hooking up computers.


It was 8am.




3 comments:

  1. I like your description of the street still "sleepy with fog"
    -Cousin Amy from West Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first comment was Dave. I need to teach him how to use all these new fangled technological programs.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.