So, as it turns out, I do not have access to the photos that go with my "Flashback to Flight"post. I'll get back to that one. Instead, we are flashing back to--fiber. Not the kind found in healthy cereal but the fiber that comes from--llamas. I have to admit, I love llamas. I'd love to have one for a pet and keep her in the kitchen (it would have to be a her just to keep with the trend at our house). One of my favorite things to do when we visit Woodstock is to stop in at "Posie Thisisit" to pet the llamas. This summer, our visit was a little crazy because Jes and I took all of our kids plus Anya so, ten kids, two adults. A lot of people to squeeze into the llama barn. During the summer, the llamas aren't very active. They stay under cover and enjoy the large fans pointed in their direction. So, we were not able to walk the llamas as we have in the past. We did enjoy a craft led by Posie, the very kind owner of the farm. Each child made a pouch and stuffed it with 100% genuine llama fiber. They also chose photos of their favorite llamas to take home.
As I've mentioned on the blog before, the llama farm was a dream come true for Posie. That makes it extra special to me. Whenever we finally make it to Woodstock, Chris and I plan to adopt a llama for a year. Our llama will be able to make occasional day visits. I'm already planning a llama themed party. Pin the tail on the llama (not the real llama)? A llama cake? Hmmm....
OK, OK on to the photos:
Who knew how much llamas like crackers
Tough decision--give the llama the crackers or eat them myself?
One of the boy llamas
Matthew found his own critter
That's fiber
As we were walking back to the cars after taking our picture with Posie's sign, Sophie went up and silently slipped her hand in Posie's. It touched my heart. I love that about Sophie. She's so friendly, loving and trusting.
And one last picture from today:
Austin, TX
Meeting Baby Josie
Mia wanted to be the first to hold her sweet godsister.
I'm sorry I missed the Llama's this year...great photos...look at that summer skin on those girls!
ReplyDeleteThanks for Flashback Friday's!