Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dueling Bloggers

So, as you probably surmised after the last post, Chris is away again. This time, he's gone for two weeks. I sent a camera with him and dubbed him guest blogger so the girls can see and hear about what he's doing. It would be fair to say that Chris and I are both trained writers. He has a degree in journalism and I have a BA and an MA in Spanish Literature--degrees I earned in part by writing many pages of literary criticism. Chris would have made a very good journalist but he made a terrific Marine as well and now, is a faithful breadwinner working for Shell. So, no Pulitzer anytime soon.
It will be fun to write alongside Chris over the next ten days. Feel free to leave comments critiquing his posts. He appreciates brutal honesty. (I prefer flattery.)

OK--some photos from the last few days:


A stray photo from Kevin and Abby's visit
She's "All dressed up"

Some very cool kids' meal prizes. Photo by Grace.

Speaking of Grace


I hosted Moms' Night Out for the homeschool group tonight.
I hadn't seen everyone since the spring and it was great to catch up.

My friend Robin's babe--crashed out

I have a few incriminating photos of our game of Just Dance but as I wasn't supposed to be taking them, I think I'll let you use your imagination. Let's just say I saw a side of these friends that I'd never seen before. So much fun. Next month--karaoke!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed it. I was thinking about it, and hoping I could go, but if you read about the day I had on my blog, you'll know why I missed it. I just wasn't in the mood to share tears! Next time, though, I'll plan to be there.
    Wow, that's a big dining room! You are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.