Up a Tree Posing
So, another thing about trees is the protection they offer, along with a feeling of comfort and safety. I wonder whether that was part of the reason Zacchaeus climbed the tree. The emphasis is always on his height and his desire for a bird's eye view of Jesus but, given his status as public outcast, he may have also wanted to escape the notice of his neighbors and even our Lord, participating in the scene as a silent observer.
I can relate to sometimes wanting to step back and observe for awhile, to stay hidden and just breathe. And when the break I'm taking is up a tree, the change in perspective can also be helpful. (And if I'm really lucky, it takes a little while for the kids to find me :)
Then there are the trees that get tired of waiting and crash down on your trampoline or drop branches all over your property during snowstorms. LOL!
ReplyDelete