So--I've blogged before about Sophie's best friend Harriet. Since then, she has continued to become more and more like a ball of yarn and less like the mermaid doll she once was. In another twist, Ella has taken to calling her doll "Harriet" also. For awhile, we reminded her that her name was really Elizabeth but Ella was determined to call her Harriet so Harriet she is.
Another thing they have in common is that both girls like to rub their noses with their dolls when they are sleepy. Sophie's Harriet uses her mangled arms and Ella's uses her blue skirt. If I'm very lucky, I get a nose rub myself and I joke with the girls that every time that happens I get to make a wish. Sophie always looks at me a bit oddly when I say that. I suspect she knows more about how wishes work than I do.
Harriet the First
One mangled arm
The orange colored thread at the top of her arm and at her neck is where my friend Hope's son Christian did a repair job. I was impressed.
The other mangled arm--I think this is the one Sophie rubs her nose with--she's very particular about using the correct arm.
Dos Harriets
(As she's gotten more mangled, I've started to call Sophie's the "hairy it" instead. One of these days, I'm going to buy Sophie a bigger mermaid doll and put the hairy it in the doll museum to preserve her for posterity :)
These will be treasured memories some day.
ReplyDelete