Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Standing Like a Stone Wall

Today was our last day with Dave, Jes and family.  I spent a lot of it gathering up all of the clothes and things that have made their way to all corners of their house.  We also squeezed in a visit to the Manassas Battlefield, the place where General Jackson earned his famous nickname.  I think it was the first time I've visited a Civil War battlefield without Chris.  I find them interesting and it's a great place to take the kids to run and explore.  Today was a little on the cold side and it started to rain toward the end, so we didn't stay long.  The funniest part for me was listening to the comments of my four year old nephew Matthew who would like to fire a canon and own every weapon we saw.  He inquired several times about when he can go and fight.  Jes suggested that he talk to Uncle Chris about the Marine Corps.  Mia, Grace, Sophie and Ella were much more interested in pointing out the animals they saw, chasing the geese, looking in the windows of the old stone house and turning the handle on the well.

contradiction?


Ella's cheesy grin

In front of the stone house, also known as "Jack's house".  Dave and Jes filmed part of their Jack and the Beanstalk skit here.




Back at the house:

playing Matthew's Clifford game--there's been a lot of that

Fashion Show--I bought Rachel and Mia matching outfits again 
and they were happy to pose for me.  They're naturals!



Tribute to big sis' Madeleine



And mañana...goodbye.  No fun but we're one day closer to seeing Daddy and Madeleine and that will be good for all of us.  Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.