Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sharing Gifts

We're winding down the semester at what the girls jokingly call "Super Holy Friday House".  Every Friday, the four youngest Doyle dames spend the morning taking classes with other Kingwood-area home schoolers.  The classes are enrichment oriented and the girls have been able to try things like dance, sewing, photography, decorative painting and more.  Sophie and Ella's programs are more like pre-school and I have been very impressed with their teachers' planning, organization and love of their students.  And me?  I get some built-in free time.
Yesterday, I spent most of my morning watching shows, filling out forms for next semester and attending a meeting about the theatre production Mia and Grace will be trying out for on December 2nd.  In addition to theatre, we signed them up for fencing, art and an American Girl Doll class in the spring.  I'm a little nervous about the fencing.  What's that they say about the Mouse and the Cookie?  Teach a girl to fence and she might want to sword fight her sister?
As we get closer to Thanksgiving, I find myself especially grateful for all of the opportunities we've had in home schooling this year.  We are all benefiting--perhaps me most of all as I am no longer a one-woman show AND I get to learn right along with them.  My favorite is the Shakespeare class I monitor at Holy House but I'll save the details on that for another day.  In the meantime,  a few pictures of Sophie's Super Friday Pilgrim Play:

 Sophie played a Pilgrim Woman.  The play was very cute.  Miss Diane read and when she said the name of the character, the two kids playing that part would say their line or lines.  Sophie's two lines were, "Mercy me!" and "Yum Yum!"  (The boys' lines were "Bang! Bang!" and "So Brave!")


 Yum! Yum!

 Speaking of "yum"!

 The kids made a lot of the meal together including the butter on this corn bread


 Sophie and I ventured into the "thicket" to take a few pics

My favorite

I took pictures of Grace's dance show but she was far away and this was the only one worth posting.
She was so cute.

I hope you have a great weekend!!  We are busy getting ready for some very special house guests......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.