Do you ever find yourself missing Mayberry? You know, that town in black-and-white where people traveled by foot or bicycle and spent much more time on front porches than in front of TVs? I do. I have always thought I was born in the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel uneasy in a world that sometimes seems very uncivilized in its pace and misplaced priorities. I long for connections that are permanent, the kind that survive both stupidity and inconsideration.
This week, our family reconnected with a family that belongs with us. My cousin Jenny is my friend by both birth and choice but birth first. God chose us for each other and we have many wonderful memories growing up. But adulthood found us distant in both senses of the word and growing toward each other again, tied as we are to our own families, is quite an endeavor. And worth it.
So this Thanksgiving, as I missed other people who belong with us too, I enjoyed time with Jenny and her family. They fit right in and we would have been happy for them to stay forever but alas, at o'dark thirty this morning, they boarded a plane back to real life. The girls cried and Grace asked forty three times why they had to go.
So now I wonder---Is it worth it? The anticipation, a few fun days and then the sadness of goodbye?
I don't know. What do you think?
Pictures PART I:
So now I wonder---Is it worth it? The anticipation, a few fun days and then the sadness of goodbye?
I don't know. What do you think?
Pictures PART I:
Just Dance
and Dance
and Dance
Memorial Park--Grace got soaked, no surprise there
my friend Spertle
dos Maggie Gs
ready for the sea lion show
who's gonna' win this one?
Look close and you'll see a fish
another turtle...my favorite
in the new Africa section of the zoo
more savages and Grace spying
model Mia
Mia and Grace before we were told to get off the huts
Fun on the Merry go Round
Chris and goat
Cutest exhibit hands down
pink ladies
Next time: Pictures PART II
Jenny also reminded me that I never posted about my photo tips from the Nikon School. I will be back with those ASAP. Happy beginning of Advent everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.