Saturday, November 5, 2011

Nikon School

So much to write, so little time.  At this rate, I will not make my goal of 200 posts for 2011.  Unfortunately, I cannot catch up on things like Halloween and my first day of teaching at Holy House right now because I am spending the weekend attending Nikon School.  Two days of learning how to use the five million and one settings, buttons and gadgets that came with my camera.
Day One went well.  I learned quite a bit and came home with a wish list of next-to-purchase items as well as things to change right now about how I use my camera.  Tomorrow is much more advanced.  Not sure I'm quite ready for it.
As I was learning today, I thought a lot about what my goals are for my photography.  The truth is, while photography is one of my favorite hobbies, I'm not interested in taking pictures of anything but my kids.  That may change, but for now, I am trying to advance my skills simply so that I can take excellent pictures of our gang.  Their faces are the most beautiful things in the world to me.

Case in point:


Coming up:  A list of lessons learned in Nikon School for all of you other would-be photographers out there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.