*I am once again employed. It's semi-volunteer but not quite thus the word "employed". Starting next week, I will be teaching grammar to fourth and fifth graders at Holy House. Mia is very excited for me to teach her class. I have some big shoes to fill as I take over for the current teacher but I am very excited. I have been teaching college students for a long time now and I think this will be both challenging and fun. It helps that discipline issues are almost nil at Holy House. The students are quiet, respectful and obedient. There is no need to turn cartwheels in the front of the room to entertain them and prevent anarchy. Which means we can have a lot more fun together.
*When it rains it pours. I am also helping with Madeleine's confirmation class. I think I'll leave it at that lest I rant about the fact that the students don't have books, they meet only about ten times and aren't really required to know much. Nope, better not say anything about any of that. As always, my favorite part about teaching is the students. I especially love high school students. So this also will be fun.
*Random story. At dinner the other night, we all decided what kind of fairies we are. Those of you familiar with the fairy stories know that fairies all have jobs. For instance, Tinker Bell is a "tinker" fairy and works on pots.
Here are the fairy names/ jobs we decided on:
Madeleine: Book Fairy
Mia: Math Fairy
Grace: Horse Fairy
Sophie: The Lying With Fairy (because she lies with Ella when she gets lonely)--I know I shouldn't have favorites but this one was my favorite--maybe because she's my "Lying With" fairy most nights :)
Ella: Dog Fairy (predictable no?)
Mama: Photo Fairy
Daddy: The FIC or Fairy in Charge (no jokes please this is serious business :)
As you can imagine, there were a lot of funny suggestions as the girls were making their decisions. I can't really share most of them.
*Chris took me out for a mid-week date night. I highly recommend them.
*Speaking of Chris, I have to say that the older we get, the better looking he gets. He is one attractive man in so many ways. Of course, this means that when we're out together, people will be asking themselves, "Why is he with her?" I think I'm okay with that.
*I had sworn off House due to ridiculousness until we watched Conan O'Brien's interview of the new actress whose name I cannot remember. She is funny and very likable and I am now willing to give the show one last chance. Just one. Okay maybe two.
*I had sworn off House due to ridiculousness until we watched Conan O'Brien's interview of the new actress whose name I cannot remember. She is funny and very likable and I am now willing to give the show one last chance. Just one. Okay maybe two.
*It rained today. Poured really.
I can't wait to tell Ceci that it rained today in Texas. She requests that we pray for rain for Texas nearly every night...going on for about a month now:)
ReplyDeleteMore proof that God answers prayers!! I'll tell the girls to thank their cousin for the rain and cool temps :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous picture. I want to go riiding there. That is the place right?
ReplyDelete