We're in ordinary time now so these are snapshots of normal life for the residents of Casa Doyle. I love normal life. I love vacation life and holiday life and birthday life too but normal life is special in its own ordinary way. I'm sure you know what I mean.
So without further ado, las damas--and one dude--Doyle just....being us
Sophie's Show and Tell assignment was "D".
She did "disguise" and "Daddy"
Braids by Madeleine. She happily helps her little sibs get ready for Holy House
Here, a better look
inspired by Sophie's assignment, a surprise dinner guest
who looked a lot like Mia
getting in the spirit of things, I donned my disguise for the dining divas
Family photo
A spontaneous night out to eat at Kings Harbor. So much fun. No one I'd rather be with.
We participated in the march of the surviving youth in Houston
We walked around and around, praying and singing...
...and blowing the horn. It was an amazing experience that I will not soon forget. Some may wonder why we bother but truly, I see with different eyes.
This evil institution will certainly crumble in God's time. We pray that hearts will be converted.
This evil institution will certainly crumble in God's time. We pray that hearts will be converted.
RAIN!!
Two sights for sore eyes--rain and our bathing beauties
Sophie's new bed
Here's hoping she'll practice in her sleep (what was I saying about Harriet?)
Love this smile (she was lying in our blanket basket and wanted me to take her picture)
Out and About: photos from my phone (the pictures look good on my phone but pretty bad here. I must be doing something wrong when I transfer them but you get the idea.)
First time riding in the car with Madeleine driving
which turned into our most expensive Sonic run to date
After repairs, our van, at 180,000 miles, looks brand new
we love craft time at the library!
beautiful mariposa
So this is funny--
Ella, our biggest animal lover ever, is deathly afraid of Chuck E Cheese
and the Chik Fil A cow
I had her put the glasses on so the cow wouldn't be able to see her
She was still nervous
Also funny. Ella has a thing for the Biebster
No idea how that happened. I think I prefer Fr. TJ
photo from the Life Chain (Grace, friend Catherine and Sophie)
Too tired to stand but still witnessing
Seeing a horse about a bath
and finally...
Adieu Señor Jobs
Tribute photo from the Apple website
In an a-ha moment, I realized that the reason I have such an affection for Steve Jobs may be that he has a few things in common with House. Of course, that may be an insult to Steve as House has become much less respectable of late. I'll say this--if all of us were as single minded, passionate and creative in the way we approach our lives and, especially, our faith as Steve Jobs was with Apple, our world would be so different that I can hardly conceive of it. Steve Jobs had a lot to teach us. I am truly sorry he's gone and hope he's in a better place. We are praying for him and his family.
Cuídate bien and see you here soon.....











Lovely post. I'm glad my friend Dave made the march. I miss his shofar.
ReplyDelete