Before I get to that though, I noticed tonight that I have 155 posts for the year. My initial goal for 2011 was to post more than last year but now, I think I'll shoot for an even 200. If I post a few more times in October, that will leave about 20 posts each for November and December. So, that's the goal. Of course, my rule for myself is not to post just to post. Whatever I put together must be post-worthy--in my opinion. What that means for you as a reader is that there is much to look forward to here on Frodo Seven over the next couple of months.
On to the montage:
As many of you know, we spent the past week in Kansas. The day before we left, I bought a new camera. I feel both extravagant and spoiled as it's not Christmas or my birthday but we decided that with two of our students taking photography and using my camera, I needed my own. The timing of the purchase was inspired more by the two days of Nikon School I am attending in November than the trip; but the wonderful vacation photos we shot convinced both me and Chris that the Nikon D7000 is worth its price tag.
The photos below were taken at a scenic overlook in Oklahoma. I have a little rule around stopping at scenic overlooks (and lemonade stands) and this one took our breath away.
bosom buddies
In her sister's boots
Our friends John and Kate McGrath moved :(
Fortunately, their new home will be in Virginia.
God speed and see you on the east coast!
Two families of girls!
Mia was Kate's mother's helper when Annie was born in the spring
And last but not least:
Today's library craft was pretty cool. The girls were the only ones there so we had the librarian's undivided attention making these trick-or-treat bags. The idea is that the CDs act as reflectors.
I think this one is Grace's
I made most of Ella's because she was busy looking at books but she engaged in the task in time to glue on the feet in her own unique way.
There have been so many opportunities lately to sit back and be thankful about life, its beauty and daily surprises. In the midst of the bad news that constantly bombards us is a peace that reminds that God is in charge saying, "Be still and know that I am God". Happy week everyone!


beautiful picts on the scenic view!
ReplyDeleteWhoa! Next trip we have to hit Oklahoma, another state we've never visited --- just not during tornado season. Let's see still need these states in the lower continental U.S. Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, Nevada Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, Washington State (Dad's been there). Wonder if I missed any. Next trip to Annapolis to visit my dad and mom's grave.
ReplyDelete