I think I mentioned awhile back that I took the first step to starting a new blog. The idea was to post my more article/opinion-like pieces in a public forum because, although I have been 100% happy to keep our family's personal life private, it seems silly to write commentary solely for the privileged few who read Frodo Seven. I decided to go with Word Press for the new blog so there would be no connection to Frodo Seven. I chose a name and set it up. And there it has been sitting for at least two months.
One of the ideas I have for the new blog is a book recommendation section. And if I were posting there tonight, I might include this photo to promote a book that is on my shelf of "greats". It is called
The Paradox of Choice and was written by Barry Schwartz.
 |
| But I want them ALL Mama |
The book questions whether we are truly better off having the plethora of choices available to us today. Whether we're talking television shows, options for dinner out or soft drinks, we are called to constantly evaluate our choices and decide. Schwartz's conclusion is that our best solution is to narrow our own options to two or a few in order to obtain optimum satisfaction. This book makes sense on so many levels. I give it an A+. Of course, since I haven't officially started posting on my new blog, I'm probably just talking to my mom who is extremely well read so, well, on to the next thing.
Last night, we finally bought our pumpkins. The advantage of waiting so late? Half price at Krogers. The downside? It was essentially a dumpster dive, searching the bottom of the box for something that looked at least a little presentable. While Chris handled that, I took Doyle Dames 3 and 5 to the bathroom. Number 3 dawdled a bit so I did an impromptu photo shoot of Ella. The fluorescent lighting was surprisingly favorable and we had some fun. Again, I have the most camera-friendly children on the planet and I am grateful because they are my favorite subjects.
TA-DA
Happy New Week everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.