Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tree Acquisition

I have to start by saying that the word "acquisition" never came out of my mouth before knowing Chris.  It is what I call a Marine Corps word.  They have somehow snuck into our vocabulary and we will never be the same again.
So, last Sunday was "tree acquisition" day.  It was our third year in a row to visit a local tree farm and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.  We had a picnic and roasted marshmallows over the fire the owners had going.  They also brought their horses around for the girls to pet and gave us a short hay ride to tour the trees before we got off to choose this year's "Winner".  Some people might consider being chopped down a bad thing for a tree but these particular trees were planted for the specific purpose of becoming someone's Christmas tree or, their "winner" for the year.  If I were a Christmas tree, there is nowhere I would rather spend Christmas than at Casa Doyle.  It really is a special place.  Which is why our tree is always a "winner".
And now, the photos:

 A good start

 Queen of the mountain

 Ella's pick


 The first of a series of photos of the five Doyle dames
I couldn't choose just one.




 Serious poser
Grace decided to sit with her back to me and turn her head into the photo.
Part of why I said before that she is the perfect subject.


 Madeleine and Mia found "The Winner"

 Not quite ready

 Seven Doyles with the winner


 Left Behind

 Good buddies

 Three years ago, I took our Christmas photo on this bench



 Possibly my favorite pic of the day

Must be a Navy guy

I hope you're enjoying these last days before Christmas.
Tata till next time!

2 comments:

  1. It's the most beautiful Christmas tree I ever saw. Oh, wait! It's not decorated yet. Hold that thought. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you decorated your tree before you acquired it. Interesting. You must be living backwards. Sounds like an adventure! You sure got me confused.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.