Before I say a few more things about photography, I should mention a few other good things happening in our lives. For one, Madeleine passed Geometry for the semester with kudos from her instructor. I completed my last class for the semester at LSC and joined my students for a very fun evening of margaritas and mexican food. And my brother wrote me a very nice letter--thank you, N.
So, since Saturday, I have been practicing a lot. I have taken hundreds of photos and even had the opportunity to shoot a Christmas photo for a friend. That was exciting. Today, I took 116 photos, about half inside and half out. Our instructor told us that if we take 100 photos, we might save 10 and use 5--pretty accurate for me.
Below: two of the photos I took outside of the music school today. Same conditions but very different results, achieved by changing the settings.
This is an example of a photo that would not have happened on automatic. Obviously, there is way too much light but I love the result. I like the green to the right and the stark white to the left outlining G.
G is the perfect subject. I took a whole series of photos like this, shooting up at the girls with the sky as the background. It was tricky because the sky was bright and the girls' faces were in shadow. I got a few good ones including this one.
OK that's all for now. Hasta pronto.
Congrats to Madeleine for doing so well in Geometry. It was a subject I loved because it was so much like a puzzle. Logic has always attracted me. Guess that's why I love Sudokus.
ReplyDelete