Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day Two of the Seattle Diaries

Dear MAMSE,
Welcome to Day Two of the Seattle Diaries.  When I left off yesterday, Daddy and I were headed to Mass at St. James Cathedral.  I was sorry not to have brought my good camera because it was really beautiful, more so because we were there at night.  We lit candles in a side chapel where the slim tapered candles hung covering the wall around Mary and Jesus.  You would have loved it.  If we have time, I'll go back tomorrow and take a picture so you can see it.  After Mass, Daddy drove us twenty minutes outside the city to a hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant that had received rave reviews.  We sat in a booth with a red and white checked table cloth and talked about you, among other things.  Our waitress gave us quite a few tips on things to do and see around Seattle and, after dinner, we checked out one of those--a blues club within walking distance of our hotel.  The band was good.  The bass player was incredibly enthusiastic.  We thought she was going to jump right off the stage--actually she did at one point--to join fans on the dance floor.  Speaking of which, we danced.  I'm sure we would have embarrassed you but I thought we weren't too bad and it was tons of fun.




Dancin' Fools (HA!)

This morning, we got a late start and headed an hour outside of town to do some hiking.  Our plans were foiled because there were several feet of snow on the ground and we had no boots, pants, snow shoes etc.  We did manage to build a small snow man, throw a few snow balls and get pretty cold before getting back in the car.


 Love ya' (wink wink)

 A Mia moment

 Teeny tiny snowman alone in the forest



 I'm sure you recognize this pose!

So, it gets dark early here, before 5:00 PM, which was about the time we left for dinner tonight.  We ate at a very nice Irish pub, a favorite of ours in any city we visit.  This one got an A+ rating for both food and atmosphere.

City lights

 The Space Needle at night.
We'll be over there tomorrow night for the concert.


 We found our restaurant down Diagon Alley

 Cheers
Like a good (part)Irish lass, I ordered a Guiness


 On our way back to the hotel, we stopped for a dessert drink at the very first Starbucks.
Yesterday, we couldn't get anywhere near the door.  

 We saw this en route.  It reminded us of you.

Our last stop of the night was the light show down by the water.  The theme is "Toyland".  It was fun to see and as we walked around, we picked one display for each of you:


 For Madeleine, dancer extraordinaire
Obviously, I am not :)

 For Mia

For Maggie G, our drummer girl-to-be

Definitely Sophie

And Ella


 Finally, one for Daddy

Bye bye till tomorrow!  Don't forget to put out your shoes for St. Nick!  

Love you all,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.