This post is part one of "The Story of a Tree". I'll do it in two parts. The first is about decoration. Decorating the tree is always an event for us. It's both a family party and a trip down memory lane as we remember where and when we acquired each special ornament. This year, I made a trip to Sams to buy the food. We did an appetizer buffet and had cookies and other goodies for dessert. We were especially fortunate because our Advent Angels dropped off lots of special yummies just before our little party so we were well supplied for the evening.
Here are the photos:
The cookie tray
The first ornament
(What I love most about real trees)
All of Ella's ornaments on one special branch
I love this one.
It was our ornament from last year's beach trip and isn't even an ornament. It's a magnet but it reminds me of all the fun the kids had on the treasure hunt Chris and Dave dreamed up.
Madeleine's ornament 2010
"Converse Girl"
The three middle girls got different sets of glass flip flops.
I bought them at the beach in August.
Ella's ornament 2010
Our special ornament from Seattle 2010
What a great trip.
Sweet Sophie helps hang her ornaments on the tree
As the youngest, Ella gets to hang the angel.
Pip
Always spying for Santa
Madeleine and Mia, enjoying their digs with some Christmas bling.
Ella's house got some Christmas cheer as well.
See you back here next time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.