Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Surprises

You can see where we went to make our ornaments for 2010.  Which is the same thing we did last year.  I had another idea this year but time got away from us and this was quick and very fun for the girls.  Last year, I swore I would never do it again without Chris because I spent the whole time trying to keep Ella from breaking everything in the store.  This year was better but Ella still managed to add her own touch to someone's masterpiece while I was helping one of her sisters.  I scolded her and, sensitive girl that she is, she burst into tears and I had to take her out of the store until she calmed down.  Grace came running out to comfort her telling me that she didn't care that Ella painted her ornament.  It was very sweet.  Six-year-old wisdom about what's really important.






 
Is anyone surprised by what Mia chose to paint?

1 comment:

  1. I'm always pleased to know that I did something right and meaningful. Putting up the tree is always like a walk down memory lane for Dad and me even though all you kids' ornaments have moved on to decorate your own trees. I can't imagine wanting a "theme tree" that has no meaning except decoration!

    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.