Thursday, April 19, 2012

There They Are! Magic!

So, there we were, driving along 290 after goodbye hugs from Grandma and Paka when, all of a sudden, I saw them!  There!  Millions of bluebonnets right up close together.  It looked like a movie set.  Or maybe heaven.  I pulled onto a dirt road far enough away from the highway to feel safe.  The girls couldn't unbuckle and jump out of the car fast enough.  They were off, navigating a sea of purple and green.  I was overwhelmed by the fragrance.  A single bluebonnet doesn't smell like much but so many?  Again, heavenly.
It's hard to say what I will miss most when we finally leave the Lone Star State behind but the bluebonnets will be right up there.  I love their proud little stalks, standing tall and giving glory to God.











"to sail home smiling and safe with armfulls of bluebonnets and heartfulls of adventures to tell"
by Jannine

1 comment:

  1. Great pics, my friend. You've got an eye...and a great camera, and adorable subject matter. Can't go wrong with that combo!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.