March 26th was the day of my parents' departure as well as my mom's ____th birthday. We celebrated with a birthday breakfast of quiche and cupcakes. I am a big fan of quiche. It's one of those all-in-one dishes and the two I made for mom turned out perfectly. It occurred to me sometime during the morning that we had no plans for the day and it would be fun to follow mom and dad to Brenham, halfway between Houston and Austin, to see the beautiful blue bonnets and visit the Blue Bell factory. Flexibility of schedule is a huge perk of home schooling and we took advantage of it that day.
After packing a picnic lunch, we were off. I kept an eye out for blue bonnet fields all the way to Brenham but we didn't spy any impressive ones. We ended up at this sparse patch next to a McDonalds. Slightly pathetic but better than nothing.
I'm not sure why Grace was carrying Ella but it was sweet
Look! The Blue Bell truck!
pictures with Paka
Sophie says, "too bright!"
better
(You know, I have the best dad.... Love you Dad!)
we all scream for ice cream (except me--I scream for margaritas)
enjoying her sample at the end of the tour
Mia says, "Bye" to Grandma and Paka and.... "Bye" for now
Next up: There they are!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.