Tuesday, April 17, 2012

More of Grandma and Paka's Houston Adventures

Well, it's been just a handful of days since Chris and I arrived home from Las Vegas.  I took over 300 pictures (an average of 60 per day which is not too excessive for me).  Before I get to that though, a few more memories from my parents' time in Houston.
This visit was particularly full of activity.  Mom and Dad came along on our normal school-week schedule, enjoying a visit to Holy House and sitting in on my Spanish class (mom) as well as the trip to Build-a-Bear and Madeleine's confirmation.  The photos below were taken on Saturday, March 24th, and, as you will see, it was a busy day.

First, East End Park, one of our favorite spots in Kingwood
Mia and Grace navigated
Paka and G, "stumped" about where to go next (HA HA)

Ella
Sophie in motion


Somehow, the girls managed to pull this vine off.  Grace wanted to bring it home....

.....where we used it as a decoration for Mia's birthday party!

almost back to the car
Next:  a birthday outing for Mia.  She, Mom and I went to La Madeleine and the pottery place

Mia played for days with this toy from a book Dave, Jes and family sent. 
pen pals



Last time, a frog box.  This time, a turtle box.
At first, Mom wasn't going to paint.  Then, she found an idea she liked in a book, decided on a napkin ring and just did it.  The first one turned out so cute that I talked her into another.

napkin rings and cloth napkins are a staple at CK so these will get some use
Good job, Mom!

still playing....
For dinner, Mom and Dad took Madeleine out for a special "celebrate confirmation" outing.  They went to The Texas Roadhouse and, as you can see, Madeleine dressed appropriately.


The rest of us went to Skeeters 



Mia took this and about twenty other equally goofy ones :)

Just a couple more posts to Vegas!  I'm excited enough about blogging about our trip that I might not wait three weeks between posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.