Monday, April 23, 2012

Moving

I'm slowly working my way toward all of the Las Vegas pictures I took.  There are a few good stories to tell but I confess that today, I have one four letter word on the brain--M-O-V-E.
We are moving!  Yay!  It was two years ago now that we put the house on the market and tried to move ourselves to Virginia.  When it didn't sell, we were neither too surprised nor too disappointed.  It felt too risky and shaky, too much us forcing ourselves on our own lives.  Now, two years later, things are flowing smoothly.  Shell is moving us to Pittsburgh, PA where Chris will be in charge of a lot of logistical stuff, which is what he's good at.  We will be four hours from Woodstock and just over an hour from our family in West Virginia.  A lot to look forward to.
Still, I have a strange feeling that I will miss a lot of things about the Lone Star State.  I'm guessing that in six months, things I never noticed or paid attention to will come to mind and I will want them back.  Have you ever wanted to have it all?  That's how I feel now.  Author Richard Bach called it being a "life hog".  That's me.  But I also hold on to a quote I came across by Willie Nelson that "Courage is giving up the good to go for the great".  There's certainly a lot of good here.  Good friends.  Good family.  Good life.  What's next?  Maybe "the great".  I guess we'll see.  In the meantime, prayers appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.