
When Mia was a wee lass, she did not realize that the Third Glorious Mystery of the rosary is "The Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the
Apostles." One night, while saying the rosary with our family plus Grandma and Paka, she requested that we please say the mystery about the "
opossums". I'm sure you can imagine the laughter that ensued when we figured out what she meant. To this day, I have a picture in my mind of the "opossums" in the upper room waiting for God to send the advocate, the paraclete, the Holy Spirit. We did not catch a glimpse of any rodent-like creatures at Madeleine's Confirmation Mass March 23. Instead, we saw lots of beautiful young men and women ready to come forward as adults in the Church. Madeleine asked her grandmother to be her sponsor and chose Maria Goretti as her saint. She was very serious in her preparation, spending time in adoration and going to confession before her sacrament. I hope to publish an account of the evening in her words. As her mom, the evening was humbling. Like many people, I have not always lived a life to be proud of yet, in spite of that, I have a wonderful husband, beautiful family and an almost-grown daughter who is a credit to us. We are living proof that all things are possible with God.
And now, a few pictorial highlights:
 |
| A quick swing before leaving |
 |
| newest soldier in St. Michael's army |
 |
| Madeleine opens a charm bracelet with a key charm from us and a confirmation charm from our friends the Rouselles |
 |
| our family |
 |
| Mom and Madeleine outside of St. Martha's |
Madeleine with Msgr Borski and Father TJ
A Blessed Holy Week to all!
So proud of our not-so little goddaughter. She looks gorgeous. Love that picture of your family - all those beautiful girls.
ReplyDelete