My little sis' called today to say goodbye. She is being sedated tomorrow to have all four wisdom teeth removed. In the event of a fatal reaction to the anesthetic or a case of late-onset hemophilia, she wanted to bid me farewell. I told her she is much too ornery to go so easily.
If Tara were a candy bar, she would be a Twix. Chocolate exterior, crunchy cookie, ooey, gooey center. At first glance, she is beautiful, tough and very funny. When we are in a group together, I often find myself staring at her in wonder at her ability to draw laughter. Her softer center is not something most people have the privilege to see. She's tender hearted, loyal and sensitive. She cares. I think she actually meant her phone call today in the same way I joke with Chris and try to go to confession before getting on a plane. And--I am glad to know she would miss me, even in heaven.
Please send up a prayer for Tara's safe surgery at 8:30 AM EST as well as for a quick recovery and that Lawrence is an excellent nurse!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.