Some current ridiculousness:
*This is a big one: my parents just bought a new liner for their pool. A big expense. And it came complete with obnoxious stickers warning people not to dive here, there or anywhere in their pool. Interesting--particularly because they own a diving board. I haven't even seen the monster but I am just plain mad. And I have a few questions--are these huge ugly warning labels we all put up with on everything from pool liners to toddler beds* to strollers to car seats helping anyone except maybe lawyers? Another question--since when is diving so dangerous? Pools are probably the safest place to dive because the water is clear, the depth known and the bottom smooth. And as my six year old pointed out, she dives in the shallow end for swim team every week in the summer. It's safe if you know what you're doing. True of most things I think.
*The beautiful toddler bed I ordered for Ella came complete with an enormous warning label on the footboard. Months later, we still haven't completely removed it but I'm sure Ella is much safer for all the trouble (HA!).
*I bought OAR's new album on itunes. I like it except for one song called "Heaven" which says, "don't want to go to heaven if I can't get in". I don't really understand that. It seems to me that if you can't get into heaven, it's your own fault and where else will you go? Really. Do we all understand the stakes here? This is not a game of show and tell. "Well, that was nice but here is my truth and let me tell you a story..." It's God's way or no way. And I'm not saying that I have the inside scoop on God or His way it's just that if a Fortune 100 company has a "way" of doing things, surely God does too. The question is--will He get on board with your plan or will you get on board with His? Hmmm...
*Potty training. All of the other girls potty trained in a day or two and never looked back. We didn't use diapers for naps or bed time. Ella? She's on her own plan. Today she peed in the dining room, on the side walk and a very few times on the potty. She has yet to poop on the potty. Mia suggested that we let her potty train when "she's older". What-- like eighty? Chris suggested that maybe she could go straight from diapers to Depends. So here's the thing--I am really very good at teaching Spanish. Not so good with the potty training. Why wasn't that covered at St. Mary's Academy? I think it could have been very useful. I think I'll write to Sr. Elizabeth.
*Baseball in Houston. No Hunter Pence. I am in mourning and am the only one still sporting number nine.
*Living twenty plus hours from home. For some reason, it is so much harder this year. This dry, hot place is not home. I long for fall and brown, crisp leaves to rake and jump in. I want to wear a sweater because I actually need it. I want to be cold. I want to make a fort and throw a few snowballs. And I want to do all of this in a very practical way that doesn't jeopardize Chris' job or commit him to lots of travel. Ridiculous? Too much too ask? We'll see. In the meantime, please pray for rain and cooler temps in the Lone Star state.
*Living twenty plus hours from home. For some reason, it is so much harder this year. This dry, hot place is not home. I long for fall and brown, crisp leaves to rake and jump in. I want to wear a sweater because I actually need it. I want to be cold. I want to make a fort and throw a few snowballs. And I want to do all of this in a very practical way that doesn't jeopardize Chris' job or commit him to lots of travel. Ridiculous? Too much too ask? We'll see. In the meantime, please pray for rain and cooler temps in the Lone Star state.
OBX 2011 Ella Christine
Rather ridiculous but so cute
Happy Thursday!! Start making plans for a ridiculously fun weekend!!
Speaking of ridiculous labels, what about the new labels required to be on cigarette pack? Really? At this point, everyone knows that cigarettes are dangerous. I can't believe the government is forcing these companies to spend all this money to just annoy people. It will not deter anyone that smokes. They know it's bad for them, but they can't or don't want to stop. Completely ridiculous!
ReplyDelete