What power we photographers have. We freeze moments in time, thus shaping the way that we, and our families, remember our lives.
Friday, August 26, 2011
Celebrate Good Times: Frozen Moments
There are so many things in life that I would give up before my camera. Not that I am a super experienced professional photographer. I have much to learn. What I am truly excellent at though (if I do say so myself:) is keeping my camera close at hand. There are few times when I am not prepared to capture a precious moment. In fact, I no longer even consider buying purses that aren't roomy enough for my wallet, phone and monstrously large and heavy Nikon. Yes, I am a bag lady. But I have collected many moments that way. Below are a few from yesterday. I reached for my camera when I saw Ella borrow Grandma's hand to stroke her cheek with it. Now, there they are, the two of them--forever.
What power we photographers have. We freeze moments in time, thus shaping the way that we, and our families, remember our lives.
What power we photographers have. We freeze moments in time, thus shaping the way that we, and our families, remember our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love this, Alice!
ReplyDelete