So, today was the typical first day back after a long time. There was laundry to do, clothes to put away, and a refrigerator to stock in addition to the more unusual tasks of clearing cobwebs and killing bugs. I am tired. And hot. Texas got hotter in our absence. I was drenched after my run which was completed under much duress.
I've been thinking about the things I missed most while we were gone and have been making a list which is not in any order.
*KSBJ. As we neared Humble, I turned the dial to my favorite station and have been listening ever since. Often it's just background noise to which I'm not consciously attuned but I love it all day every day. Positive, uplifting music is a key to a sunny outlook on life for me.
*Our laundry routine. I admit this one is strange but at home, our laundry almost does itself, my system works so well. I am also very glad to be able to bleach our whites again. It feels cleaner to me somehow. At Camp Kreitzer, the well water mixes with the bleach and turns everything brown.
*Our friends. This would be first if my list were in order of importance. We came home to a delicious dinner prepared by our neighbors, a stack of mail collected by our friends (so much for the post office forwarding it) and a Grandpa Doyle waving madly in the front yard. With such a friendly reception, we can't help but be glad to be back.
*Body Pump. I am ready to get back in the gym and pile the weight on. I've been doing BP for about a year, at least twice weekly and love it. It makes me feel strong and my fellow sufferers inspire me.
*My bed. This one needs no explanation.
Still working on the photos. Bye for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.