So, my sister-in-law Abby has been tearing up the blogging scene of late and reminding me of how much fun I am missing. In fact, I have missed so much, I have no idea where to start. There is always so much to say and so few moments in which to say it. I constantly feel the pressure of time marching on and desire to hold at least a little back in words and pictures of the "now". I love my life (most of the time) and would love to record every minute. And it is that desire which makes blogging incredibly frustrating because it is impossible. So, I remind myself that something is better than nothing. This post includes a few of the "something"s going on in our lives. Snapshots that froze times that we would like to remember.
First up: The beginning of a wonderful vacation in Asheville, NC. Chris and I spent five days with my brother David and our sister in law Jes adventuring in a place we'd never been. It was exhausting but very, very fun. Before the trip, Jes made a thorough list of the best restaurants in town. White Duck Taco was on it and we headed there our first night. It was casual and fun with a variety of a la carte tacos and good draft beer. What more could we want?
A favorite photo of the trip. Night two before eating at a fine French restaurant. The girls clearly add the spice to our little quartet.
Next: Alfred turned ONE! He's starting to mature and I love him more with every little step in that direction. We fed him scrambled eggs for his birthday dinner in honor of Baron, Prince, Dutchess and every other Doyle dog that came before him.
Finally: Howdy Y'all! VBS. Wild West Theme. Our cowgirls had a wild and wonderful time. Meanwhile, mom painted the dining room!
Thanks for stopping by. We've missed you!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.