A few more pictures from the fourth:
This was our small town's schedule of events for the big day. I took this picture on my phone to keep track of all the possibilities. In the end, we only enjoyed the fireworks but this line-up and all the flags lining Main Street reminded me again that we are in Small Town USA.
The 5K
This was Zelie's inaugural 5K. Unlike the Liberty 5K, our traditional (and grueling) July 4 race, there were no shorter races for the kids. The only Doyle participant was Chris who beat his goal time by a couple of minutes. Dave finished first of our group, fourth runner to cross the line.
Next of our group was Chris
then Alex
Rachel in blue
and Zack and here is where I wish I had been videotaping instead of taking still photos
Right after this pic, Zack went down hard. His foot slid in the gravel and he wiped out. Then, without a beat, in a superhero-like move, he rolled to his feet and continued his sprint to the finish.
And last but not least, Jes (in pink) and Matthew (in green)
Matthew hears the cheers and makes a break for the finish.
We waited a long time for race results. I took Matthew to see one of Zelie's several lion fountains. The other thing I remember from this part of the day is Dave observing that someone had brought bread pudding to serve post-race and commenting several times about how odd that was.
Cousins are the best

Alex and Zack placed in their age groups as did David. Go Kreitzer boys!
Other than the race, the only photos I got of the fun on the 4th were of our cupcake decorating. Besides that though, we had a really yummy slider buffet, paddle boat races including one relay race, fishing and frogging, firefly catching and fireworks. It was nice not to have to drive to fireworks but the Woodstock display is definitely better. Maybe we'll be back for it next year. And maybe I'll run the 5K again too.
The next day:
We took Dave and Jes to the Monteray Bay Fish Grotto at the top of Mount Washington. The view is incredible and the food, excellent. Our waiter was a bit goofy and forgetful but we were in a forgiving mood and gave him a pass.
and Dave got a free dessert in honor of his upcoming birthday. (I really can't believe how old he is!) I gave him a T-shirt that says: "I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you"
I think it may have been made for him.
Bye for now y'all.



















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.