Tuesday, July 9, 2013

More "Something"

Normally, the 4th of July finds Familia Doyle in Woodstock, VA running the Liberty 5K and relaxing by the pool at Camp Kreitzer.  This year, the Bristow Kreitzers traveled to us because of plans to attend a special concert on Saturday, July 6th.
The weekend was full of the fun we always have when we get together.  Many in the group ran Zelienople's inaugural 5K race on the morning of the 4th, making us all proud.  We did a lot of fishing, paddle boating, tennis-watching and EATING!  At dark, we walked up the street to watch fireworks with some neighbors and the kids caught quite a few fireflies.
Saturday, before the concert, we all headed to McConnells Mill to do the Hells Hollow hike.  It is a flat and easy walk to a pretty waterfall, small enough to enjoy without fear.  I was in my element.  All of the water and nature took me back to my days as a camp counselor in Charlottesville, VA and I was splashing and enjoying myself as much as the kids--though a bit more carefully because of the camera.
One thing I love about our new home is the easy access to beautiful trails and outdoor activities.  In our almost-a-year here, we have only tapped the surface and look forward to many adventures!

 Ella, at the bottom of the falls

 Girly Sophie
You can see how small this waterfall is.  A little like a desktop fountain but so pretty!

 David, doing some kind of self-imposed challenge to inch along the ridge.  We'll leave him to it.

 My favorite nephew named Matthew.  He is precious and so darn good looking too!

Mateo and Sophie

 Dad gets a wet hug from a special babe



 Nine kids in all

 Ella fixes her do



 All of the kids except Ella walked the creek all the way back.
I want to go back and do it when I don't have to protect my camera.

LATER:

 All dolled up and ready to go....

 to Taylor Swift!

 the stage

 Gorgeous all!  Grace and I picked out the flower head pieces.

Me and my G

The concert was tremendous.  TS is a talented and conscientious show woman.  She really knows how to connect with her audience.  My favorite part was when she walked through the crowd, essentially the length of the football field.  Her bodyguards looked very worried the whole time but she was caught up in the moment, present to her fans and seemingly oblivious.  She even kissed a baby!  I got to bed way too late for an old lady like me but I think the girls had a great time.  Well worth it.

Tata for now y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Love that pic of Chris and Madeleine! And Madeleine's red lips for Taylor:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace's blue braces are pretty cool. I think she is a smurf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She chose blue for her swim team. I forget to mention above that while we were waiting for the train back to our car, someone walking by called, "Hey Taylor!" out to Madeleine. I guess she looked the part :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.